Monday, June 6, 2016

Noelle's Doll Tips: Styling Hair With No Elastics


Hey everyone! 

It's me, Noelle, here today. (With the help of Shelby-Grace, of course.) 

First off, Shelby-Grace wanted me to mention that we will be expanding the time to audition for SBATD just a little bit longer--until Sunday, June 12. 

Now, onto the "real" part of my post!

I will be sharing some easy ways to tame your dolls' hair without the use of a single hair tie!

Sometimes Shelby-Grace has taken me out on a photoshoot somewhere different (such as her church or on vacation) and accedentally left her spray bottle, elastics, bobby pins, and so on at home and had to improvise. ;) 


So, here's how we tamed my unruly, windblown hair with just a few clips and a doll brush:


First, Shelby-Grace did her best to de-tangle it as well as she could, then pulled back two tiny sections from the front of my face.


She also took a mini claw clip and clamped the two pieces together.

It's OK if a few strands don't quite make it into the clip; they'll be scooped up by the next mini clip.


Then, just repeat the steps with as many clips as you want or until you run out of them, and lining them up in a row like this:


And, you're done! I think it looks really fun and colorful, and looks cute with my OG top. :)


One other fun style to do with the tiny clips is to make two mini buns on each side of your doll's head for a sweet and summery look. :) 



The last tip I have for using mini clips is, if your doll already has a neat, shiny ponytail, but a few strands just didn't make it in or are too short, I like to pin them back with one of these. :) 





And that's it! I hope you enjoyed this post, and so does Shelby-Grace. :)

Don't forget--please audition for SBATD this week if you're interested! :D


 Noelle 

with the help of: 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Noelle liked them, too. ;)

      ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, Shelby-Grace! It's gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :)

      ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry, I just saw it was mostly by Noelle! I'm so embarrassed! Thanks for sharing anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally fine!
      I apologize since I didn't make this clear in the post, but Noelle is actually my doll and I just wrote it from her point of view, just for fun. ;)

      ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

      Delete

DESIGN BY CAELA