Monday, April 18, 2016

French Fishtail Braid Tutorial


Hey everyone! 

Yesterday I was playing around with my Kanani's hair, and I came up this cute hairstyle that I thought I'd share with you. :) 

The reason I called this a "French Fishtail" is because with the double-layer fishtail braids, it sort of gives the appearance of being French braided :D

What you'll need is just regular doll-hairsyle supplies: Wire wig brush, a few small hair elastics, and optionally a spray bottle.



First, brush out your doll's hair to make sure it's smooth and knot-free.



 

Then separate her hair into two sections, with a top and bottom layer.


Take your top section and split it into two equal pieces.


Begin just a regular old fishtail braid. 

(In case you don't know how to do a fishtail braid, it's actually really easy to get the hang of, and there are some really good tutorials on YouTube. :)  ) 


Once you are about halfway done, tie it off with an elastic.


Next, split the bottom layer into two pieces, and split the end of the top layer fishtail into two pieces as well.


Then, just do another fishtail braid.

 

Ta-da! That's all there is to this hairstyle. 




It's super cute and it's great for spring! :D 

If anything is confusing about this hairstyle, or you need clarification on how to do something, please let me know in the comments and I will do my best to help :) 

Thank you so much for reading, and have a great day.


4 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty hairstyle on Kanani! :)

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I'll have to try it on my Julie :)

    Ellie | The Dolls of 221B

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I can't wait to try it on saige!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY CAELA