Monday, March 21, 2016

Cora's Transformation + Photoshoot

Hey everyone! 

Last month I sent my doll Cora, who is a renamed Caroline, to Valerie from Lovelivautum Doll Hospital to be re-wigged with an original Caroline wig.

The reason for sending her to Valerie's doll hospital for a new Caroline wig is because after having Cora for about 1 1/2 years and her also being my first long, curly, haired doll, it suffered a lot of less-than-great styling as I learned how to best manage it. 

As an idea of how sorry the condition was, here's a photo of her hair before she went to Valerie for her new wig:


Yes, that's really how bad it was--poor Cora! :( 

So, I sent her off to Lovelivautum American Girl Doll Hospital with a fresh wig and within just a few weeks Cora was back on her way home!

Valerie did an amazing job attaching the new wig and even re-curled her hair for me. :) 

I would definitely recommend checking out Lovelivautum American Girl Doll Hospital for your doll repair needs--she is super helpful and was great to work with :) 

**Just to let you know, this post was not sponsored at all by Valerie--this is all my own opinion of her services :) **

So, after having Cora back for quite a while, I decided I should probably finally take her out for a photoshoot ;) 

Here's the photos:




 


I hope you enjoyed the photos! Have a great day.





11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree, Caroline is always such a beautiful doll. :)

      ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm so glad you like it.

      ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

      Delete
  3. She looks fantastic! Absolutely stunning photos, I love the lighting <3

    Ellie | The Dolls of 221B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that :)

      ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

      Delete
  4. Awe, so pretty! Really, though, my Caroline is ten times worse. It breaks my heart. It's super dry and gross and it's lost all it's curl. I did not know how to do her hair when I got her :/
    Was sending your doll to Valerie cheaper than doing so with AG?
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I totally understand about super dry doll hair, though I think your Caroline still looks beautiful on your blog :)

      Overall, it was about $15 cheaper then sending Cora to the official doll hospital, because of having to purchase the wig myself off Ebay, (Valerie does not provide the wigs) but the main reason I chose to send her for just a new wig at Valerie's doll hospital instead of a brand-new head at AG is because I couldn't bear to have a "new" Caroline doll. ;)

      I hope this helps you! :)

      ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

      Delete
  5. I love the first picture! Her hair looks great!
    <3Bella

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY CAELA