Monday, November 16, 2015

News On GOTY 2016 and BeForever 2016!

Hey everyone! 

Today I will be sharing some interesting AG news I stumbled upon while looking around for some more info on (please don't read the following if you would like to be surprised about Girl Of The Year 2016!) Girl Of The Year 2016, Lea Clark! 

So, now let's take a look:

On Amazon, I found the book titles and authors for Lea Clark and BeForever 2016!


In case this screenshot image did not upload clearly, it says "GOTY Leads the Way" and is available for pre-order and will be released on January 1, 2016. 

It also states it is written by Lisa Yee and is illustrated by Sarah Davis. 


The next book for GOTY that I noticed on Amazon for pre-order is "GOTY and Camilla", and is also written and illustrated by the same people as I mentioned above ;) 

Currently, there is not a description for the book on Amazon as of 11/16/15. 

It will debut on March 1, 2016.

Here's a closer look at the book description: 



And here is the final GOTY 2016 Lea Clark book I found! It's titled, "GOTY Dives In". Currently, there is not a description for the book on Amazon as of 11/16/15. 


Here is the page for pre-ordering GOTY 2016 Lea Clark's series. 

The boxed set's pre-order delivery date is March 1, 2016.

Here is the description included: 


What do you think about Lea Clark's story? Will you be buying her?I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I also found this page for pre-ordering BeForever 2016's first book:


It states it will be available on January 1, 2016 and will be written by Denis Lewis Patrick and illustrated by  Juliana Kolesova.
The name rumored to be Melody Ellison, but has not been proven to be true.     

 What is your opinion on a new BeForever Character? Do you hope she is from the 60's and is African-American? What face mold do you hope she has? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


8 comments:

  1. Hm. Unless Lea Clark is really gorgeous/really appeals to me because of her looks, I doubt I'll buy her. She sounds too much like a recycled Jess. But the new BF character, however......I believed AG let it slip on their Facebook a while ago that she was AA. I'd love for her to be a 60s character involved in the Civil Rights movement. I might be interested in her - especially if she has the Sonali face mold, which is one of my very favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your opinion!
      I think I might have seen a screen-shot of the FaceBook post you mentioned--I hope she will be African-American!
      I agree--the Sonali mold is super pretty :)

      ♥ Shelby-Grae ♥

      Delete
    2. I was completely feeling the same. But considering Jess was released a decade ago, and the fact that she had no movie, I think a revamp is happening for the new wave of kids. Grace went over well with Paris as the setting. I guess they want to go for a destination spot again. But I must confess Im not interested. :-\

      Delete
  2. I'm really not interested in any of the GOTYs.... they are all very similar, in my opinion. Their stories are all very similar and predictable, and they just aren't unique - I hope that didn't sound too harsh!
    I don't think AG will ever make an AA or disabled GOTY because the sad truth is the doll just wouldn't sell as well. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your opinion! I agree that many of the GOTYs can get to sound and look the same after a while, so I hope that once more details are known on GOTY 2016 that she'll end up being a bit more unique :)
      I'm not sure if they will consider making a disabled or African-American GOTY either, though I hope they will :) I am, however, very excited for the potential 60's African-American BeForever Character! :D

      ♥ Shelby-Grae ♥

      Delete
  3. I'm excited for the new Beforever, too! Though I probably won't be buying her, (or any new dolls) ;) I'm curious about her time period and story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lea Clark sounds like she's a beautiful doll with all of these rumors around about her, but I'm not sure if I will actually buy her. When I found out that her name was going to be Lea, I freaked! But I'm still not sure at the moment if I like her or not. Her rumored outfits seem super cute though!
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Ellie. Jess's story is almost exactly the same. The new BeForever character sounds cool, but I don't think I'll be getting her. And if Addy is going to be retired, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to buy the new doll! Addy is so special to me! :)
    Thanks for the post Shelby!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY CAELA