Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Review of Grace's Travel Coat!

Hey guys! Recently I got Grace's Travel Coat, and today I thought I'd do a review! Let's get started!


Grace's Travel Coat is a pale blue trench coat with white buttons and black grosgrain ribbon trim. It costs $28.


We'll start with the top part of the coat. There are five buttons and one flap hanging down to add a modern, asymmetrical touch. The three buttons on the right are working buttons, while the two on the left are fake. Although the buttons might be hard for little hands to do up, I still appreciate the attention to detail and realism and would rather have actual buttons than velcro.

The ribbon around the waist is sewn to the coat, which I like. It fastens shut with velcro behind the bow.

Urghhhhh sorry it's out of focusssss

The skirt part of the coat is made of the same material as the bodice. The material throughout is very substantial and thick, even where it's unlined.


The only thing I don't like about this coat is that the ribbon on her cuffs doesn't extend all the way around.


The lining of this coat is pale pink and waterproof and very nice to the touch. 

Overall, I'd give this coat 4.5/5 stars - docking a half point only for the incomplete trim around her wrists. This is definitely a must-have from Grace's collection - snatch it up before she retires!

- Ellie

4 comments:

  1. The fabric looks like those paper napkin things they put on your front at the dentist.
    Trying to decide if that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm. It does have that same pattern - but trust me, it's a lot thicker and softer.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for doing the review. ^_^ I'm about to order some outfits from AG and am considering getting this as well. But I can't get over the price!
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I have to say I'm not a fan of the texture or incomplete trim but it is such a cute coat :)

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY CAELA