Tuesday, September 29, 2015

5 essential pieces for fall

so basically my week is crazy and outdoor photos are impossible because of rain and the impending hurricane. gosh diddly dang darn it. this week, (even though it's a day late soz) i'm going to show you what i believe to be the top 5 most important pieces for you to have in your doll's fall wardrobe.

*all items shown were made by me, except for the shoes*



5.) floppy hats

these are super cute, easy to make, and work with a wide variety of styles.
for example, both chrissa and emerson enjoy wearing floppy hats, and their styles are completely opposite.


4.) something striped

stripes are perfect for layering under solid colored jackets and cardigans.
plus they're just cute.


3.) boots

your dolls need a good pair of boots, whether they be combat style boots like emery's, or tall brown ones like from a saige meet outfit.


2.) beanies

my dolls lives (well...emery's life) revolves around beanies. this is just a cute one i modeled off a neff beanie, but they're all equally as adorable.


1.) SWEATERS.

the most important piece is a sweater or two. perfect for layering, or just wearing on its own. GET ONE.

see ya next week!

10 comments:

  1. I agree. Sweaters are the best thing for a fall wardrobe. Btw, I love the floppy hat and beanie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sweaters are lovely. :3 (although i, myself, tend to go the hoodie/crewneck route, but oh well)

      thanks!

      Delete
  2. So true!
    I looooove striped items in winter. Although, I think my dolls only have 1 beanie... Whoops.
    I want some Ugg like boots for my dolls! That's practically all I wear in the fall/winter. Do you like Uggs? They're super comfy.
    Wow I'm getting really off topic...
    Anyway,
    Awesome list. Also,
    I am so, so, so very glad to see a post from you.

    <3 Tenley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stripes are my favorite pattern besides plaid (as you probably know, i'm a sucker for flannels. i wear one almost eery day). :3
      my dolls have like five, but that's just because they're super easy to make. i actually have a tutorial way back in the archives on here if you wanna check it out! :)
      oh, yeah, those are cute! i know amazon and ebay have some for cheap. :) eh, i'm not a big fan. i used to be though, and still have two pairs. i'm more of a doc martin's girl though, if you know what i mean. a little more edgy then oversized sweaters, leggings, and uggs. ;)

      thanks dear. :3

      Delete
    2. I love stripes too, and floral pattern as well. I literally don't own a single item of plaid, whoops again. It's cool though, just not my style. ;) Sure you look awesome in plaid! :P
      I wish I could be a bit bolder in my fashion choices. uggs, leggings and sweaters are my life. Is it bad that I had to google what doc martin's are?
      Ha, we're total opposites really. When it comes to clothing choices, anyway.

      Delete
    3. ah, yeah, florals are cute! my dolls have a lot of floral, but i personally own none. not really my style lol. i get you, there are a lot of things i don't own because they aren't really "me". i will admit to owning an embarrassing amount of flannels though. xD
      oh well, sometimes it's good to have a more subtle sense of style as opposed to being a bit more out there. i know as far as "alternative" (i believe that's what my style is called technically), i'm pretty laid back. plus i don't wear makeup, so that kinda waters down my look haha. nah, it's not bad. :)
      ah well, opposites attract. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love the hat and sweater! Do you make your own patterns? You are a great seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVEEEEEE THOSEEEEEEEE BOOTSSSSSSSSSS.
    HAVE YOU SEEN OLIVIA AND ATTICUS'S (on Etsy) OMG THEIR BROWN FLOPPY HATS MAKE MY DIE A LITTLE INSIDE THEY'RE AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love floppy hats, so far I have one for me but none for my dolls, I need to fix that! I really love the sweater, another thing my dolls need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly agree with all of these! I really need to do some sewing. This has gotten me motivated to do it!
    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY CAELA