Saturday, August 22, 2015

My Top 5 Favorite GOTYs

Hey guys! This week I'll be sharing with you my top five girl of the year dolls. So, without further ado, let us get started!

5. Sonali (2009)


Sonali is beyond gorgeous, and her story, that of a former bully who sincerely feels bad for her actions and ends up as great friends with the girls she used to target, promotes giving people second chances, which is super great! Plus, go diversity! She really deserved more of a spotlight.

4. Chrissa (2009)


I absolutely adore Chrissa's story! She moves to a new state and starts at a new school in the middle of the school year and is bullied badly, but she finds a way to stand up to the bullies and keep her confidence high. I think she's a great inspiration for victims of bullying, and she's super relatable since most people have experienced bullying sometime in their life, whether it be as the bully, victim, or bystander. Plus, can we please talk about the cuteness of some of the outfits in her collection? Like




3. Saige (2013)


Saige is extremely gorgeous - I love her hair and eye combo! Plus, the feature of hot air balloons in her story and collection is too cute, and her movie is by far my favorite of all of the GOTYs'*. A very amazing girlie <3

2. Isabelle (2014)


I know Isabelle gets a lot of applesauce for being a white blond dancer who wears pink, but, although I do wish she was a minority, I think she's still very gorgeous. And I love how her story shows that even if you're not the very very best at something (she's nowhere near as good as her sister Jade in ballet), you can still have fun doing it. PLUS HER COLLECTION OH MY GOSH HER COLLECTION. Can we talk about her collection? For example:





Brb, I'm about to faint.

1. MIA (2008)


Mia is my second doll, fave doll I own, and all-time favorite girl of the year. Her combination of facial features are so stunning and unique - plus, I love her distinct freckle pattern!


Mia is a nine-year-old with big dreams of becoming a figure skater in a family that has very little money and is made up mainly of hockey players. She gives light to the struggles of the lower middle class while at the same time showing that someone with that background can succeed, too. She shows that it's okay to go against the flow to do what you really love. She teaches that hard work will pay off. And she is just so dang cool.

Well, that's all for this week! Who's your favorite girl of the year? Your least favorite? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

Namariƫ,
Ellie

*Sans Grace. I haven't seen Grace's yet.

16 comments:

  1. My favorite GOTYs are kanani, saige, Isabelle, and grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Kanani is another really cool one.

      - Ellie

      Delete
  2. My top five are Isabelle(I am a ballerina and find her story relatable), Saige(I own her and she is so unique), Kanani(I deeply regret not getting her), McKenna(though I'm not a gymnast I found her story inspiring), and Grace(I think she's super pretty.) Nice post!
    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love! Those are some awesome ones!

      - Ellie

      Delete
  3. I haven't ever bought or read any of the GOTYs, but I desperately wish I had Kanani or Sonali, and i liked the outfits in Saige's collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kanani is pretty awesome, but Sonali is amaze too.
      IKR! Her sparkly dress and sweater outfit were my faves. I reeeeally wish I would have gotten the seater outfit.

      - Ellie

      Delete
  4. KANANI! Whaaaaaaaaa! I need Kanani. My top 5 GOTYS: Kailey; She was the goty for the year I was born, McKenna; I love her hair and her collection, Saige; Her collection and her hair/eye/freckle combo are gorgeous, Isabelle; Her story of being bad at what you love is very relatable, and KANANI! Kanani is just a beautiful doll, and I love Hawaii, I've been once and I want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Saige and Isabelle too! Yeah, McKenna's collection had some cool stuff! I loved the loft bed. And the warm-up set that came exclusively with her starter collection was the bombdiggity as well.

      - Ellie

      Delete
  5. My favorites have always been Nicki, Lanie, and Kanani. :) And I agree with you about Chrissa's story; it's really neat! :)
    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GAAAH. I LOVE Nikki's gala outfit! I so wish I'd gotten it.
      OMG I LOVED LANIE'S COLLECTION SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA. Her accessories and camper and butterfly dress and wilderness accessories and wilderness outfit and nightgown and yesssss.
      Isn't it just?

      - Ellie

      Delete
  6. Cool list Ellie! My favourites would have to be, SAIGE!! (I love Saige so much!), Kanani, Lanie, Sonali and I really like Mia because I like ice skating (even though I've never done it >.<) And I think Chrissa's story is so good, I wish they did more best friend dolls :)
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love! I know right, she's aeesome! I love her hair.
      *Mia high five*

      - Ellie

      Delete
  7. *Grabs all of them at the same time and squeezes like never before* They're so cute! For some reason Mia reminds me of rapunzel (however you spell the name...) Mhahahahaha, can't wait for more!

    Btw thanks for your comment on my blog Ellie :D

    Rukiya XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. Hmm. I think it may be the freckles?
      Welcome, love. :)

      - Ellie

      Delete
  8. Chrissa's story is definitely my favorite out of all of the GOTYs. My favorite GOTY is Grace, but I love the rest of them too. I wish I had gotten a lot of them and am sort of upset that I didn't. Especially Mia, Kanani, and Saige. And Sonali, too. I love her face mold and diversity is always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. Hah, same. But my mom was always really focused on the historical/BF dolls because she said they were educational and the modern dolls weren't (which eh, sort of true, sort of not), so I only ever got two GOTYs. I wish I had more, though!
      Sonali's face mold rocks! It has to be one of my very favorites.

      - Ellie

      Delete

DESIGN BY CAELA