Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Shining Light

 Hello! Once in a blue moon I actually can come up with a creative title, like now :)  Another photoshoot because I want to and they are the easiest to make and post..










 
Sometimes you just have to love sun flares ;)








 
Don't read this long paragraph if you don't want to, just skip to the end :)  
How most of these pictures happened was before we started to move this park was on one of my top places to take pictures at, specifically by a group of willow trees. Willow trees are my favorite tree and I thought it would be the perfect place to take pictures at. So I crossed the park and set up Mia, found a stick to prop up the reflector and turned on my camera. The lighting wasn't the best so I moved to another location, even just walking mosquitoes started attacking me. It was terrible and I ended up with more mosquito bites than actual pictures. Instead of giving up the bridge I crossed to get to the willow trees I stopped and managed to take a few pictures. Most of the pictures didn't turn out as well as I had hoped; which turned out to be that the silver side of a reflector is not flattering on Mia. This was as the sun was setting so while I was leaving I tried another spot, this time with the gold side. I ended up with some awesome pictures that I am so happy to have.    
A few things I have learned-
  1. Never take pictures of a doll near willow trees by a stream!
  2. Always use the gold side of a reflector when photographing Mia, if you can. 
  3. Sometimes the most annoying and terrible photoshoots turn out amazing in the end :)  
Something I promised to do at the end of each post- 
Mia's Outfit- 
Shirt- Made by me  
Shorts- Made by me 
Shoes- Saige's sweater outfit 
Hairstyle- Two french braids tucked into the back  
Thanks for looking!, 
  

9 comments:

  1. These are beautiful photos! Mia is such a pretty girl.
    ~K. P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those French braids are brilliant. I thought it was something way more complicated than that!
    HOLY MOTHER OF NACHOS THE GOLDEN LIGHTING I JUST. Dang. The two that come after the sun flare one are my absolute favorites like holy Schmidt.
    U r awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I love the flare on and the one above it! :-)
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are beautiful pictures! I love the 5th and 6th one. :)

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You took some stunning photos, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome pictures!!!!! Love the hairstyle! You should do a tutorial on it :)
    ~Kara http://13dollworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures. Are. Amazing. I can't even.
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these pictures are incredible!! I love her outfit and her hair. All through this post I was wondering what her hairstyle was and I'm surprised thats its just 2 french braids. I thought it was something really complicated. That's a good thing! Loved the photos and Mia looked so great in her outfit :D
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY CAELA