Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Review of TM 29!

Hey guys! Today I thought I'd do a review of the TM #29 doll. So, sans further ado.......


Firstly, a general overview of her features:

- Medium skin
- Layered brown hair
- Brown pinwheel eyes
- Classic facemold
- Feathered brows


My favorite thing about this doll is her face. I think it looks so incredibly open and darling, plus her eyes are very warm and sweet. :) I also think the classic mold and feathered brows look super good on her.

A thing I've noticed about this doll (not necessarily a pro or a con, just something to note) is that her skintone is much lighter than it appears in the stock photo. It is a lot closer to light skin than it is to dark skin, and appears irl to be very much like how it is captured in the above photo, as opposed to the first one.

Another thing about 29 is that her wig has a side part, which means one side of her hair tends to flop in front of her face like so:


If you're someone who is bothered by this sort of thing (I know I am), I would perhaps recommend choosing a doll with a center part instead.

Now onto her wig. Her wig has pros and cons. Although, since it is layered, you can't do the same hairstyles with it as you would do with a non-layered-haired doll, it is very easy to brush and maintain and rarely ever gets tangled. However, it does have a ton of random short hairs and flyaways that are very hard to keep brushed down (and are not just due to brushing and lots of use; they were like this when I got her):

Up by the part.

In the back.

This may just be a fluke with my particular wig, but, if you're thinking of getting 29, I might recommend checking her out in person first just to make sure this isn't an issue.

Overall, I'd rate this doll 3 out of 5 stars. Her face is incredibly sweet and lovely, and her hair very easy to maintain, but it does have many annoying short hairs.

Well, that's all for today! Do you have 29? Is she on your wishlist? What do you think of her? Comment below!

- Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY CAELA