Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nexusi...Nexuses.....?

Hey everyone! It's Emma! As you may know, I LOVE the Keeper of the Lost Cities series and (I'm not sure if I ever clarified this) I got MYAG TM #24 because she looked like Sophie (The main character). If you have read the books, you will know that they have nexuses, or nexusi (I'm confused of the plural version for nexus.;P) that make sure that they don't fade away during a light leap (Which is something that they do to get around). Well, anyhoo...I asked Jaclynn from Little House of American Girl to crochet me the nexus that Sophie wears in the book! She made me two and I never got around to posting about them! So here they are, I took a photoshoot of Sophie wearing them. To clarify what a nexus is, it looks just like a bracelet.;)


Sophie's nexus is a black cuff with a teal jewel in the middle.:)





The second one is a mix of teal and light pink with three purple flowers on it.:)

A closer look. The pink looks sort of white, but I really like it anyways!:)


Both of them on at the same time.:) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaclynn makes awesome things, so go check out her blog for more of her super cool crocheted items!:D Also, I'm sorry for my ramblings, it's hard to explain things sometimes!;)
-Emma-
Who's your favorite book character?


10 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! I love the setting and lighting, and Sophie is beyond words beautiful. :)

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ellie!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  2. I like all the pictures of her with the dandelion in the background. Dandelions are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to agree! They're so pretty!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  3. Another Keeper fan!!! Yay!
    Love the Nexuses... Nexusi... whatever the plural is. xD
    xo Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! LOL! Thank you! I think I'm going with nexuses!XD
      -Emma-
      PS- OOH! Who's your favorite character in Keeper?:)

      Delete
    2. Nexuses does sound better. xD
      Mmm... I really like Keefe, although Sophie herself is quite amazing. :)
      xo Adi

      Delete
    3. Oh gosh, I know! I love Keefe and I'm still trying to determine if I like Keefe or Fitz better!XD Yes, Sophie rocks!;)
      -Emma-

      Delete
  4. Hmm... I've never heard of that series, I'll have to look into it. I prefer the black cuff with the teal jewel, but both Nexusi look nice. Fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's an amazing series!!! I think I like that one better too!:)
      -Emma-

      Delete

DESIGN BY CAELA