Thursday, March 19, 2015

Photography Tips: Outdoor Photography


Hey guys!
So, like promised, here are some photography tips!
This is part one of two or three--I focus on outdoor doll photography in this one :)
I have the lovely Ali modeling in these photos, just in case you were wondering ;)
Whelp, let's get started!

***


The first tip I have is to go out to take photos during "Golden Hour"--the time this occurs from place to place, so basically, just go outside when the sun is setting, but make sure it's not so low in the sky that it's too dark. This is ideal lighting and I personally think the colors are gorgeous at this time.



My next tip is to position your doll so that his or her back is to the sun--if he or she is facing the sun, there is too much harsh light in their face, and it just doesn't look good. It almost has the appearance of a photo taken with flash on. The first photo in this set of two was taken with her back to the sun--the second was with her facing the sun. See the difference?


Tip number three is that you should experiment with angles. This doesn't only apply to outdoor photography, but I think it's important so I'm including it anyways. ;) Experimenting with different angles is really fun and the results are usually very neat.


My final tip for today, like the last one, doesn't just apply to outdoor photography but it is important. When taking a picture of your doll that's portrait, a head shot, or anything that you want her face to be the main focal point, make sure his or her eyes are in focus! I don;t know why I feel this is so important, but it really makes the picture much more aesthetically pleasing when you can clearly see their eyes.

***

Aaaaaand, that's it for today! Next time I do a photography tips post I'll have tips for indoor photography. Most people don;t like indoor photography, but I personally love it. ;) I hope you found these tips helpful! If there's anything in specific that you would like to know regarding outdoor photography, let me know and I will be sure to answer ASAP! Also, the full photo shoot will be on my personal blog (DollsOnMyMind) very soon, so if you want to see all of these photos be sure to check them out ;) Thanks for reading, I'll see ya next Thursday!

-mads ♥

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! They're helpful. :)
    ~Leah <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! :) I can't wait to see the rest of the series!
    BTW, Ali is gorgeous and that is that.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tips! No wonder some pictures turn out bad, they are in the direct sunlight! I will definitely use this in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY CAELA