Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Craft: Cadbury Creme Egg

Hi! During this week I created a few Easter treats for my dolls and I wanted to share with you the doll sized cadbury egg I made, this isn't really a tutorial as I think this video is a great resource. She shows how to make cadbury creme eggs and chocolate, if any of you are interested in making doll sized food I suggest you check out her channel :) So for materials you need- 
Polymer Clay- I used "Chocolate" Sculpey Clay which is the perfect color although you could mix a dark chocolate and white to get the right color 
Dotting Tool- You can find these at a local craft or hair and beauty store, the main purpose was for nail art but I use them for polymer clay.I used about 1/8 of the clay to make one cadbury egg, it turned out to be about 3/4 in long which isn't in perfect proportion, I usually just eye it and see if it look's right compared to a dolls hand 



 
Shaping the clay into the shape of an egg took a long time, at least for me to resemble an egg...

 
After shaping it to the desired size I used the dotting tools to create the engraving of the three ovals and star, after creating three of these I learned that pressing really hard is not the way to go as you take some of the clay with you and it looks messy, lightly pressing the clay to create the ovals is the best way. 

  
You also can make a mold of this which make the whole process go faster and is more realistic but I didn't have the right supplies on hand :)

 
For those of you who don't know what dotting tools are here are the ones I use-

 
I ordered them from Amazon, they were relatively cheap only about $5 including shipping. 

 
And then you bake it! On the package it usually says what temperature to set the oven to and how long it takes depending on the thickness.This was super fun to make although if you get frustrated remember practice makes perfect, you can always redo it which is what I love about polymer clay.  
Thank for looking, 

12 comments:

  1. Aw! Cute craft, they look good enough to eat!;)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad that they look good enough to eat ;)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I love polymer clay ad SugarCharmShop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so realistic and yummy! :)

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look super real! This is gonna sound weird, but I don't think I've ever had a Cadbury Creme Egg. If they're anything like the ones you made, though, I'm sure they're delicious!
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, I didn't try a cadbury egg until recently, they are very good!

      Delete
  5. Great idea! I love Creme Eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the chocolate or caramel creme ones :)

      Delete

DESIGN BY CAELA