Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Polka Dot Bee: Valentines Day Craft

Hi! This Wednesday's feature is a valentines craft. At first I wanted to do a banner, mostly like the one from Dolly Dorm Diaries (here) but yesterday I found this cute doll sized vase that I though would be a cute centerpieces for a valentines day party. So, I created a vase full of hearts, if you would like to know how I created it here are the supplies- 
Toothpick/Popsicle stick's 
Tape 
Scissors 
Valentine themed paper (red, purple,pink) 
Vase 
Clay 
I first cut folded the paper in half and cut out varying sizes of hearts 
  
You can make as many as you would like, just enough to fill each toothpick/Popsicle stick. 
  
I then added tape to the back of each heart and placed them in randomly on the Popsicle stick. 
 To make sure each Popsicle stick stood upright I placed clay in the bottom, because I planned this as a temporary craft make sure to use non-air dry clay as you don't want  it to dry out.

I love how it came together!

 
I set up a valentines party to model how well everything came together. 








 Look's like Kirsten found a piece of candy! I hope you enjoyed, do any of your dolls have any plans for Valentines day? I think Kirsten invited the rest of the doll's to her party... Thanks for looking, 
Polka Dot Bee





12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how it turned out :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing craft! And Kirsten is so beautiful <3

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Kirsten appreciates it :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's so simple but so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooo adorable!!! I absolutley love it! I'm totally going to make one if I have time! :D
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Great post! Kirsten looks do cute!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  6. That banner is adorable! I am definitely going to be making one :D Wonderful post and great pictures!
    ~Shelby

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY CAELA