Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Grace Inspired Doll Suitcase

I love doll sized suitcases and setting up photo-shoot's with a travel theme a suitcase is a must. For this craft I started with a small first aid kit. The kit had stickers on the front and the back so I soaked the case in warm water and scrubbed it off. Since the first aid kit was already a bright red, much like the red found in Grace's collection I decided to paint polka dot's on the outside.  
 Here are my supplies, the light blue suitcase in the background was a sewing kit that I found at a garage sale. 
 I used the end of a pencil to create polka dot's in a random pattern all around the suitcase.

 I continued adding polka dot's until all of the sides were covered..

 I also sealed the paint with a layer of Modge-Podge to make sure it held up to play. 
 I love how it turned out! Excuse the messy paint job, I need to touch it up later :)
 Stay tuned next Wednesday I will be posting pictures of a photo shoot featuring these doll sized suitcases..
What items have you re purposed?  
Thanks for looking!, 
Polka Dot Bee

10 comments:

DESIGN BY CAELA